Monday 28 September 2009

the problem with vintage cameras no.3476

is that sometimes the technology that they need to work has been outlawed - genuinely!

To power my exposure meter and give my photographs a hope in hell of working, my OM-1n needs a Mercury battery - unfortunately these batteries got banned for being, I don't know, a bit deadly - so now us old-school Oly shooters need a workaround. Step in the 675 Zinc-air hearing aid battery, which I'm told promises to be just as effective to within a bit of a stop.

More here at Silverbased.org

2 comments:

  1. OM-1n is magnificent and who needs metering anyway. But, if you do, ta da!

    http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_mr9_adapter.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you catch Jane Bown's Exposures that's just come out this week? Great book, almost entirely shot with an OM-1...

    ReplyDelete