Wednesday 23 September 2009

wow

In the last ten days, so much has happened that I barely know where to start. Let's try this:

- started my darkroom course and learned how to load 35mm onto a developing wheel (don't even know the technical terms for this, that's how early on I am) - smelt the weird chemicals, grinned at the other people on the course and am hooked. That is all.

- adventures with film continue: bought an old SX-70 Polaroid from eBay on a real whim, shipped it over from America (enduring customs taxes on the way) and was hugely delighted to discover that it's a complete, working set including manuals, flash cubes, macro lens and gorgeous leather case. (photos of the beautiful beast to follow soon, genuinely think it's a stunning piece of design)

- ordered SX-70 film from The Impossible Project, plugged it in and took my first Polaroids.


Fell in love with this ridiculously expensive format. Something hugely magical about pressing a button, catching the print and seeing a photograph develop in front of your eyes - it's a really personal, intimate format that I think I'll save for just me. And him, of course :)

- On the same day I liberated my SX-70 from Parcel Force, I also shot my first wedding! Well, one third of the wedding, just the getting-ready shots before the pro took over, but found myself really enjoying photographing one of my best friends and making her look even more beautiful than she actually is (well, trying to, anyway)... now working on her album, uploading images in breaks from article writing/photographer wrangling.

- knee deep in work at work and so much going on back at the cottage it's unreal. Time off soon, hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment